This recipe convinced me that zucchini noodles could be as legitimately satisfying as regular pasta noodles. I am in love with this easy recipe. There's fresh zucchini, shrimp, oregano, butter, parmesan, and lots of garlic. The best part? It's easy to make and low on calories and carbs while having maximum flavor!
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano optional
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan or chopped parsley to garnish, optional
- Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan, season with salt and pepper cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed pepper to the pan. Cook for another minute per side or until shrimp is light pink and garlic is golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the Butter and zucchini noodles to the same pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and stir through. Garnished with freshly grated parmesan cheese or/and chopped parsley.