Vegan Breakfast Granola Cups
These breakfast granola cups are super easy to make in just a few steps! You'll only need 6 ingredients in total! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free! These cups are perfect as a breakfast, dessert or snack!
- 1½ cup (170g) granola
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds chopped (see recipe notes)
- 2 tbsp (40g) agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (60g) sunflower seed butter (melted)
- ½ cup (90g) dairy-free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate, chopped)
- I recommend measuring the ingredients in grams on a kitchen scale.
- Combine all ingredients for the granola cups in a mixing bowl and mix well with either a spoon or your hands. The mixture should stick together when you press it between your fingers. If it's not very sticky add a little bit more liquid sweetener.
- Grease a cupcake pan or use a silicone mold. This recipe yields 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your cupcake pan.
- With the back of a tablespoon, press the mixture firmly into the cupcake pan and make a dent in the middle of each cup.
- Put a heaped tsp of sunflower seed butter into the center of each granola cup. Freeze until firm, about 60 minutes.
- Melt dairy-free chocolate chips in a water bath (simply put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and place it over hot water). You can accelerate the melting process by adding 1-2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate is melted pour it on top of the sunflower seed butter of each granola cup. It will harden quickly because the sunflower seed butter is cold.
- Store in the fridge. You can also freeze these breakfast granola cups in zip-lock bags! Enjoy!
- You can use nuts of choice instead of sunflower seeds
- You can use any nut butter of choice instead of sunflower seed butter
- I made my own Nut-Free Granola (click for the recipe)
- Recipe makes 8 granola cups. Nutrition facts are for one cup.