Truffled Mashed Potato–Stuffed Portobellos
Serve this dish warm to your family and friends, and indeed they will love this. This is gluten-free, delicious, and wonderful comfort food that can be shared with everyone.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp vegan butter soy-free if necessary
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- olive oil spray
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ batch Truffled Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the stems from the portobellos and set aside the caps. Dice the stems into ½-inch pieces. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, mushroom stems, and thyme. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Spray the tops of the portobello caps with olive oil and place gill side up on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then divide the stem mixture among them. Scoop heaping mounds of mashed potatoes on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the mashed potatoes are golden. Serve immediately, garnished with more thyme leaves.
- If you don’t already have the mashed potatoes on hand, prepare them while you preheat the oven.