Delicious! You'll have a dish your family will love! These manicotti are the epitome of comfort food. Recipe to be enjoyed for dinner any time of the week or for any special occasions.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 package organic chicken sausage
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 (32oz) jar no sugar marinara sauce
- To prepare the shells, peel eggplant and cut into long “lasagna noodle” like shapes. Make a cylinder and pin with toothpicks. Chop the chicken sausage into very small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Combine sausage, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg whites and oregano. Mix well. Stuff “shells” with mixture.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour enough spaghetti sauce in dish to cover the bottom. Place stuffed “shells” in the dish. Cover with pasta sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
|Traditional Manicotti||“Healthified” Manicotti|
|Calories: 611||Calories: 385|
|Fat: 15g||Fat: 15g|
|Protein: 40g||Protein: 40g|
|Carbs: 43.2||Carbs: 5.2|
|Fiber: 3.7g||Fiber: 3.5g|