S’mores Cookie Cups
Bringing s’mores indoors with these S’mores Cookie Cups – gluten-free “graham” cookie, homemade vegan marshmallow fluff, dark chocolate, torch till toasty!
- Kitchen torch/lighter for toasting (optional)
“Graham” Cookie Cups
- 2 cup (180g) granola
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup (65g) cassava flour
- ½ cup (120g) almond butter
- ½ cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Vegan Marshmallow Fluff
- ¼ cup (60g) aquafaba (brine from a can of chickpeas)
- ½ cup (160g) tapioca syrup
- 1 tbsp agar agar powder + 3 tablespoons water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- dark chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In the food processor, grind the granola until fine, then add baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cassava flour and pulse to combine.
- Place the “graham” mixture into a medium bowl and then stir in the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla until you have a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil, then divide the graham cookie dough equally in the muffin tin and gently press the dough in the cups, making a well in the middle of each with your fingers.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 350ºF. Cool.
- Whip the aquafaba with a hand mixer on high to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of agar agar powder with 3 tablespoons of water, stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the tapioca syrup to a boil. Add the agar mixture, a pinch of salt, and the vanilla extract to the pan. Whisk continuously until the syrup comes to a rapid boil. Remove from heat.
- Immediately, pour the syrup mixture into the whipped aquafaba while you are beating the aquafaba on low speed to make a marshmallow fluff.
- Pour the marshmallow fluff generously into each cookie cup and set it aside to firm up for 30-45 minutes.
- Top each cup with chocolate chunks (or chips work too).
- Use a blow torch or broil for a few minutes in the oven to toast (optional, they are delicious un-toasted too) and enjoy!
|Nutrition: (Serving Size — 1 cup)|
|Calories: 494||Fat: 21g||Sugar: 27g||Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Protein: 8g||Fiber: 6g||Sodium: 335mg||Carbohydrates: 73g|