Fill your kitchen with the heavenly smell of a fresh-baked cornbread recipe. This is a great recipe and tastes good! You can serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. This is the recipe you’ve been searching for! You'll probably be asked to bring it to the next gathering! Enjoy!
- olive oil spray (or vegan cooking spray, soy-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (90ml) warm water
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1½ cup (210g) fine cornmeal (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (110g) oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup (25g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup (60ml) sunflower oil (or grapeseed oil)
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray a 10 inch(25cm) cast-iron skillet with olive oil.
- In a 2 cup(500ml) liquid measuring cup or a medium bowl, combine the milk with the vinegar. In a small cup or bowl, mix together the water and flax meal. Let both rest while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, or for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, cumin, and paprika.
- Once the flax meal mixture has thickened, add it to the milk. Add the sunflower oil and maple syrup. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.