Turmeric and ginger are both from the Zingiberaceae flowering plant family. Their underground stem roots are widely used as spices and have a lot of medicinal purposes. Some of them are:
- Eases soreness on your joints as it contains curcuming chemicals that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- May help in suppressing tumor formation
- Contains alpha-Glucosidase and alpha-amylase antioxidants that protect the cell from aging and damage caused by free radicals.
- Rich in ascorbic acid, a water-soluble Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.
- A source of fiber that may decrease the low-density lipoproteins or bad cholesterol and Triglycerides to prevent heart complications.