Saffron extract is a botanical medicine from the flower of the crocus sativus plant. It is commonly used as a spice but it has a lot of medical benefits for the body.
Some of its benefits are:
- Saffron is rich in antioxidants. Some of these are safranal, crocin, and picrocrocin. These antioxidants will provide your body with the necessary protection from free radicals that cause harmful effects, such as aging and the development of illnesses. It will also make your skin look young, glow, and fresh.
- Aids in increasing and stimulating the hormones called serotonin and dopamine. This helps stabilize your mood so you can feel better every day.
- Regulates the production of hormones called estrogen and progesterone, which may help ease Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), dysmenorrhea, and irregular menstruation.
- Improves your brain’s memory function by nourishing your brain’s hippocampus.
- Helps increase your sex drive by alleviating the testosterone level in your blood.