Berberine is a traditional Chinese medicine extracted from various plants such as barberries, Oregon grape, and bayberries. Some of its medical benefits are:
- Eases sore and tenderness as it contains a plant-based alkaloid
- Helps combat free radicals as it has tons of antioxidants.
- May regulate blood sugar as it controls the production of insulin.
- Can aid in relieving ovarian problems by regulating the testosterone levels for women.
- Aids in Inhibiting the formation of malignant cells.
- Regulates blood pressure to decrease the risk of heart complications.
- Can make your heart healthier by increasing the production of High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and decreasing the level of Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and triglycerides.