Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, but in cupcake not cone! Fluffy two-toned cupcakes topped with whipped dairy-free berry frosting. Vegan and gluten-free!
- ½ cup (120g) applesauce
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 1 cup (120g) almond milk
- ⅓ cup (105g) agave*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups (210) oat flour
- 1½ cups (180g) almond flour
- ⅓ cup (50g) cane sugar*
- ¼ cup (30g) tapioca flour
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup (25g) freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the applesauce, coconut oil, almond milk, agave, and vanilla.
- In a separate book, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until lump free.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir to combine.
- Separate batter into 2 bowls. Stir the tapioca starch into one half and the cocoa powder into the other.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners (or spray with nonstick spray).
- Fill each cupcake halfway with the vanilla batter. Top with chocolate batter, filling almost all the way to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF. When done, they should spring back when lightly pressed in the center.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, grind the freeze dried strawberries to a fine powder. Whisk into the coconut cream until smooth and pink. Chill until ready to frost.
- Frost cooled cupcakes, top with sprinkles if desired, and eat!
*I chose agave and cane sugar since they are lighter in color for the vanilla batter, but you can use maple syrup and coconut sugar if desired. **This frosting is not sweetened. Personally I find the cupcakes sweet enough to balance it, but feel free to add 2-4 tbsp powdered sugar if desired.
|Nutrition: (Serving Size — 1 cupcake)|
|Calories: 427||Fat: 13g||Sugar: 17g||Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Protein: 7g||Fiber: 3g||Sodium: 262mg||Carbohydrates: 41g|