Mini Key Lime Pies
Summer’s favorite citrus pie made mini! These key lime pies bring the classic creamy sweet tang with a dairy-free filling and crumbly gluten-free oat crust.
- 1 cup (80g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (35g) coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (125g) SunButter (I used the natural variety)
- ½ cup (120g) coconut cream (Just the solid part from a can of full fat coconut milk that has been chilled overnight.)
- ½ cup (120g) non-dairy yogurt
- ¼ cup (80g) maple syrup or agave
- ¼ cup (60g) key lime juice (Regular lime juice works just as well!)
- ¼ cup (30g) arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp key lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grind the oats with the coconut sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add SunButter, and process to form a sticky crumbly dough.
- Press a couple spoonfuls into the bottom of each muffin (lined with paper liners), you will have enough for 6-8.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375ºF. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Blend all the filling ingredients. Don’t over blend.
- Pour on top of the crusts, filling almost to the top. Tap on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 325ºF. The edges should be just starting to darken and the middles no longer jiggly.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then chill overnight.
- Serve straight from the fridge, they are delicious with coconut whipped cream on top!
|Nutrition: (Serving Size — 1 pie)|
|Calories: 315||Fat: 15g||Sugar: 17g||Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Protein: 8g||Fiber: 3g||Sodium: 211mg||Carbohydrates: 36g|