Presenting the all-time favorite mashed potatoes recipe! Simple and delicious. They are a comforting reminder of the very best times gathered together around a table. They come out perfectly creamy, delicious, and fluffy!
- 3 lb (1.4kg) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- ½ cup (120ml) unsweetened nondairy milk (nut-free and/or soy-free if necessary), plus more if needed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pot.
- Add the milk and olive oil. Mash until it reaches the desired consistency. If the potatoes are still too dry, add milk by the tablespoon until it reaches the desired moisture level. Add salt and pepper. Leftovers will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
To make the mashed potatoes extra smooth, process them in a food processor with the milk and olive oil. VARIATIONS
- Truffled Mashed Potatoes: Replace 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with truffle oil, and add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Reduced-Calorie Mashed Potatoes: Replace half of the potatoes with 1½ pounds (680g) cauliflower florets.