Make-Your-Own Cornbread in a Jar
Learn how to make your homemade cornbread mix with simple pantry ingredients. This recipe is great for anyone. This mix is easy to use and even easier to put together. So start making your cornbread mix this summer.
Servings 2 jars(1L)
- 3 cup (440g) fine cornmeal (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 cup (390g) unbleached all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour blend, soy-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup (40g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup (30g) flax meal
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Divide evenly between the two jars. Tightly secure the lid on each jar.
- Attach a card with the following instructions to the jar:1. Preheat the oven to 350°F /180°C. Lightly coat a 10-inch (25cm) cake pan or skillet or an 8×8-inch (20x20cm) baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.2. In a large bowl, combine 1¼ cup (300ml) nondairy milk with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in a cup (80ml) sunflower oil or melted coconut oil. If you want a sweeter, moister cornbread, add 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Add the contents of the jar and stir until smooth. If you like, you can stir in 1 cup (140g) fresh corn kernels or 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries OR ¼ cup (60g) canned diced green chiles OR 2 tablespoons diced jalapeños.3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!