Low Carb Onion Rings
A low-carb version of one of the best appetizers! Easy to make and delicious. You will be amazed at how much like these low-carb onion rings are, and in addition, it's the best snack, appetizer, and party food that you will ever make.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium white onion
- 2oz pork rinds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Slice onion width wise in half inch thick rings.
- Break apart rings and set aside all the inside pieces you won’t be using.
- Use three different bowls to make a coconut flour, egg wash and heavy whipping cream, and pork rind parmesan coating stations.
- Starting with coconut flour go through all the steps of coating and place on baking rack as pictured above.
- Once all onions are coated, double back and recoat them starting with the egg wash.
- Places double coated rings back on greased baking rack and place in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
reprocess or remake the pork rind parmesan coating if it begins soggy/clumpy.
|Net Carbohydrates: 7.5g