If you are sick of mac and cheese or potatoes but still want a hearty side, try this delicious recipe that will make everyone want to eat their vegetables. This healthy, loaded cauliflower with cheddar cheese tastes like a loaded potato without the carbs, and it’s the ultimate side for keto diets.
- 1lb cauliflower florettes
- 4oz sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florettes and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two. (Alternately, steam your cauliflower the conventional way. You may need to squeeze a little water out of the cauliflower after cooking.)
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashes potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add half of the cheddar cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the loaded cauliflower with the remaining cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.
- I visually divide the cauliflower into sixths. Serving size is approximately 1/3-1/2 cup.
|Saturated Fat: 10g
|Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
|Monounsaturated Fat: 5g