Keto Salmon Cream Cheese Mug Muffin
Mug muffins and mug cakes are some of the most convenient keto-friendly meals. They can be made both sweet and savory and take just a few minutes to prepare. For those of you that may not have a microwave, I included some tips for baking the muffins in the oven.
Basic savory mug muffin mix:
- 1 large egg (free-range or organic)
- ¼ cup (25g/ 0.9oz) almond flour
- ¼ cup (38g/ 1.3oz) flax meal
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- 60g (2.1oz) smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives (or spring onion)
- serve with 2 dollops full-fat (60g/ 2.1oz) cream cheese (or sour cream)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg, cream, water and mix well using a fork.
- Slice the smoked salmon and finely chop the chives. Add to the mixture and combine well.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. When done, top with a dollop of cream cheese and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- If you need to make this recipe nut free, use more flax meal(same amount) or coconut flour(half the amount).
- When using ingredients, always go by their weight, especially in case of baked goods.
- Measures such as cups may vary depending on a product/brand.
- When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
|Fat: 32.3g||Sugar: 2.4g|
|Saturated Fat: 11.3g||Fiber: 6.5g|
|Protein: 17.2g||Sodium: 553mg (24% RDA)|
|Net Carbs: 3g||Magnesium: 120mg (30% RDA)|
|Total Carbs: 9.5g||Potassium: 383mg (19% EMR)|