Keto Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
This variant of keto peanut butter jelly cups makes use of no additional ingredients to make the jelly layer — no gelatin, simply no guar gum… The jelly is in fact produced from blueberries which are high in pectin. Pectin's a naturally occurring jelling agent. When mixed and then frozen, the blueberries become a jelly by themselves.
Servings 12 cups
Peanut butter layer:
- ½ cup (73g/ 2.6oz) roasted unsalted peanuts (or almonds)
- 1 tbsp (16g/ 0.5oz) coconut butter
- ¼ cup cashews (or 2 tbsp cashew)
- 1 tbsp (10g/ 0.4oz) sukrin gold, erythritol or swerve
- 1 heaped tbsp (8g/ 0.3oz) almond flour
Blueberry jelly layer:
- 125g(4.4oz) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-5 drops liquid stevia
- gelatin powder for a firmer jelly (optional)
- 8 large squares (80g/ 2.8oz) 85% dark chocolate
- To make the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined and resembling a thick(but lumpy!) paste.
- Divide evenly among 12 mini muffin molds and press down firmly(about 12g/ 0.4 oz per cup). Place in the freezer whilst you make the jelly layer.
- To make the jelly, add the blueberries to the food processor and mix until smooth. Add a few drops of stevia, blend, and then taste and add another drop or two if required.
- Distribute evenly among the molds on top of the peanut base(slightly less than 1 tbsp per cup). Place in the freezer whilst you make the chocolate layer.
- To make the chocolate top, chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in a saucepan over the lowest heat.
- Pour evenly across the jelly layer(about 1 ½ tsp per cup) and set in the freezer at least twenty minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature a few minutes before serving.
|Fiber: 1.6g||Fat: 8.5g|
|Sugar: 2.4g||Saturated fat: 3.2g|
|Protein: 3.1g||Sodium: 3mg (0% RDA)|
|Net carbs: 3.9g||Magnesium: 35mg (9% RDA)|
|Total carb: 5.5g||Potassium: 122mg (6% EMR)|