Keto Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze
What makes this cake so great? This low-carb cake is easy to make and the perfect low-carb dessert for birthdays, parties, or occasions and proves that sinful-tasting desserts don’t have to make you feel foggy and tired.
- 5 eggs separated
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (or grass-fed ghee)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener (or more to taste, such as birch xylitol, nonGMO erythritol, or MitoSweet)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla powder)
- additional grass-fed butter, ghee (or coconut oil for greasing)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp erythritol, xylitol, or MitoSweet (or roughly 10 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch metal cake pan with butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Whisk egg whites until they develop a foamy consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix all remaining chocolate cake ingredients. Then slowly fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While keto chocolate cake cools, prepare glaze. In a saucepan on low heat, add all glaze ingredients and whisk continuously to combine.
- Pour chocolate glaze into a glass jar and drizzle over the cake. Serve keto chocolate cake warm, or store covered on your counter or in the refrigerator(icing will harden).
|Calories: 321||Protein: 6.5g|
|Dietary Fiber: 5.5g||Total Fat: 30g|
|Net Carbs: 4.9g||Total Carbs: 22.4g|
|Sugar alcohol: 12g||Total Sugar: 1.9g|
|Iron: 2mg||Vitamin D: 10mcg|
|Sodium: 65mg||Potassium: 158mg|
|Calcium: 27mg||Cholesterol: 106mg|