If you have never tried putting pieces of kale in the oven to make kale chips, then this is going to be your new favorite recipe. The crunch from these crispy baked leaves is just insatiable. Paired with some baked camembert, onion dip, and some salami crackers, you’ve got yourself a mega snack board suitable for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian herbs oregano
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Separate each large leaf out from the bunch of kale. Pat them down dry so that you don’t need to bake out any extra moisture.
- Remove the large stalk from the middle of the kale leaf, and then slice the remaining kale into large chunk as shown in the picture.
- Place the large chunks into a large mixing bowl, and cover with olive oil. Make sure you mix them around to get a good coverage all over.
- In a large baking pan, place some baking paper over the pan and put as many pieces of kale as you can fit. Sprinkle with salt and a little Italian herbs.
- Place them into the oven for 10 minutes, or until crispy. (Depending on the quality of the kale, you might have to cook for a little longer)
|Calories from Fat: 63
|Saturated Fat: 1g
|Dietary Fiber: 1g
|Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
|Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
|Total Fat: 7g
|Total Carbohydrates: 3g