Green Quinoa Salad
Greens are a great way to add fresh color and crunch to your dishes. I could eat this every day. A healthy dinner or lunch salad that is bursting at the seams with all that is good and green. The perfect side dish for potlucks and parties!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp water, plus more if necessary
- 1 ½ cups diced zucchini
- 1 ½ cups shelled edamame
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups chopped chard leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice a brussels sprout in half lengthwise through the stem. Turn each half cut side down and thinly slice into shreds. Repeat with all of the brussels sprouts. Set aside.
- Heat a large shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and water and cook until the onion is just becoming translucent. Add more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the brussels sprouts, zucchini, and edamame. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are just beginning to wilt. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup.
- Stir in the quinoa, chard, basil, and pistachios. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.