Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
A delicious dessert any coconut lover will enjoy, and that is both gluten-free and vegan. So excited to share these chocolate coconut cupcakes with you to share it with your family and friends and show that cupcakes make us do crazy things too!
Servings 20 cupcakes
- 7 large eggs (or 8 small-medium sized eggs)
- 250g grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- 1 cup of xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup coconut flour sifted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp paleo baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup coconut cream xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- 2-3 tbsp brain octane oil
- ¼ cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/170°C. Line two trays of muffin tins with paper cups.
- Add the cacao powder and butter to a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat until completely melted and incorporated.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the mixture and adjust if needed; adding a touch of extra sweetener of your choice, cinnamon, vanilla, or a little more salt to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin trays evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes bake, add all the icing ingredients to a small saucepan and melt on a low to medium heat until completely combined.
- Taste the icing mixture and adjust the sweetness if needed. Pour into a bowl, then place in the fridge to set.
- When the muffins are golden brown and cooked through, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Remove the chilled icing from the fridge. As an optional step, scoop the icing out and re-blend to create a lighter and fluffier icing. Spread over the tops of the cooled muffins and garnish with berries.
- Store in the fridge.
|Sugar: 1.4g||Protein: 4g|
|Total Carb: 5.7g||Dietary Fiber:3.8g|
|Cholesterol: 92mg||Sodium: 73.5mg|
|Saturated Fat: 11g||Total fat: 21.6g|