Easy Tomato Feta Soup Recipe – Low Calorie, Low Carb, Keto
Easy Tomato Feta Soup Recipe simple to make with just a few simple basic ingredients. Creamy tomato soup with basil and rich, savory feta cheese. Ready on 30 minutes on the stove top.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pesto sauce – optional
- ½ tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried basil 1 Tbsp tomato paste – optional
- 10 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped – or two 14.5 oz cans of peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey, sugar or erythritol – optional
- 3 cups water
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup feta cheese – crumbled
- Heat olive oil (butter) over medium heat in a large pot (Dutch Oven). Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, pesto (optional), oregano, basil, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add sweetener.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and cooker. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add the cream and feta cheese. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add more salt if needed. Serve warm.
|Calories 170||Potassium 542 mg|
|Fat 13 g||Carbohydrates 10 g|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||Fiber 2 g|
|Cholesterol 43 mg||Sugar 6 g|
|Sodium 464 mg||Protein 4 g|