Easy Cheesy Bacon Chicken – Low Carb Keto Gluten Free
Cheesy Bacon Chicken — with only 5 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation, you will feel the bacon love in no time!
- 5-6 (about 2.5-3 lbs) chicken breasts cut in half widthwise
- 2 tbsp seasoning rub *see notes
- ½ lb bacon, cut strips in half
- 4oz shredded cheddar
- Sugar free barbecue sauce optional, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning rub. Top each with a piece of bacon. Bake for 30 minutes on the top rack until the chicken is 160° and the bacon looks crispy.
- Remove tray from the oven and sprinkle the cheese oven the bacon. Put back in the oven for about 10 min until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve with barbecue sauce.
- I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or BBQ rub — basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika — not an herb rub
|Calories from Fat: 207g||Protein: 29g|
|Saturated Fat: 9g||Cholesterol: 105mg|
|Total Fat: 23g||Sodium: 477mg|
|Total Carbs: 1g||Potassium: 450mg|