Deviled Potato Salad
A vegan potato salad without having to crack eggs. Ideal for summer picnics and potlucks!
- 1 lb (455g) baby yukon gold potatoes (or baby dutch yellow potatoes), quartered
- ¼ cup (55g) vegan mayonnaise (soy-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp vegan sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp black salt (kala namak; or regular salt)
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain, then rinse the potatoes with cold water until cool. Drain well.
- Combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a large bowl and stir until combined. Fold in the potatoes, letting them get mashed a little along the way. Lightly dust the top of the salad with more paprika and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.