Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This recipe is an easy low-carb meal for everyday cooking, and a perfect meal made quickly and easily in one pan! This would have to be one of the best ways to enjoy chicken thighs, and you are going to love this recipe because it tastes rich and flavorful but is still easy enough to make on a weeknight. No doubt, this creamy mushroom chicken recipe is your next favorite keto chicken recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or about 2-3 medium chicken breasts)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ cup onion minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream (or light cream, or half & half)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh herb of choice (optional)
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper; sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Return chicken along with its juices to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with pasta, rice, salad, or veggies.