Apple cider vinegar is unsurprisingly a highly versatile ingredient. It works well with sweet and savory flavor profiles.
If you’ve invested in a large bottle of apple cider vinegar and it feels like it’s been sitting in your pantry for ages, upgrade your culinary skills with this zesty ingredient beyond a morning ACV shot. Try the following recipes, featuring our favorite fat-burning and probiotic-rich vinegar.
Simple Arugula Salad
This beautiful salad doesn’t call for a long list of ingredients to pack in some serious flavor and nutrition. The turmeric and apple cider vinegar make for a deliciously healthy dressing that strengthens your immunity and lowers inflammation. Incorporating sweet, salty, and tangy dimensions, this salad pairs nicely with your choice of freshly grilled meat and vegetables.
For the salad:
- 4 large handfuls of Arugula
- 8 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Crushed walnuts, toasted and cooled
- Parmesan cheese shavings
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients together in a bowl, except for the parmesan cheese.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Top with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
Chicken and Mushroom Adobo
This dish is surprisingly easy, with apple cider vinegar as the star ingredient to give a delicately sweet taste to this one pot meal. Serve it with rice or steamed sweet potato and freshly steamed greens like French beans to round up a perfectly healthy and hearty family meal. If you’d like this dish to be plant-based, swap out chicken for large and hearty chunks of aubergine instead.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, or any mushroom of choice
- 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup tamari
- In a large cooking pot, brown the chicken in some oil.
- Add the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and stir until mushrooms are almost browned.
- Add apple cider vinegar, tamari, peppercorns, and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours.
Morning Apple Pie Elixir
If a shot of apple cider vinegar mixed with water isn’t the most appealing for you especially as the first thing in the morning to greet your taste buds, give it a sweet and fruity twist to get your day started on a healthy note.
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ cup apple juice, fresh or boxed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey or your choice of a natural sweetener
- Ice (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a mason jar and top up with ice if desired.
Gut-Healing Bone Broth
By now, we’re sure you’ve heard of the gut-healing, collagen boosting, and overall general wellness benefits of sipping on bone broth. Although time consuming to make, know that bone broth isn’t a dish you have to watch over and it’s a great way to not let left over vegetable scraps go to waste. This recipe features apple cider vinegar, which further helps to draw out the natural minerals from the bones, making for an even more impressively nutritious bone broth.
- 3.5 pounds of chicken/beef/pork bones
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Optional: Left over vegetable scraps such as garlic skins, celery ends, carrot tops etc.
- Place all your ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Top with water, giving 2 inches of water above all the ingredients.
- Cook on low for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the broth into a large container and allow to cool.
- Scoop out the fatty top layer and discard.
- Portion and freeze your bone broth in smaller servings to be defrosted as needed.
Enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar in and out of the kitchen. Keep our Apple Cider Vinegar capsules on hand. Our capsules contain nothing but apple cider vinegar so you can reap all the fat-burning, blood-sugar stabilizing, and immune-boosting benefits without having to put in any effort in the kitchen.