- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar (or equivalent sweetener of your choice)
For the Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups Broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces, stalk and all(except tough parts)
- 5 strips cooked bacon
- ½ cup onion, finely diced (I use white onion)
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (cut into ¼ inch cubes)
- ⅛ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing:
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and adjust them to your personal taste. Set aside.
For the Broccoli Salad:
- Set a skillet to medium heat. Lay the bacon strips in and cook covered until browned. Turn the bacon over and cook covered a few more minutes until browned but NOT burned.
- Remove bacon to a cutting board and chop when cool to touch into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile chop and measure broccoli, onion and cheese and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped bacon and remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the assembled salad ingredients and stir gently until all parts of the salad are evenly coated.
- Serve at room temperature of chilled. This salad can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. It holds up to a week in the fridge covered as leftovers.
|Calories 355||Unsaturated Fat 18 g||Fiber 4 g|
|Total Fat 25 g||Cholesterol 28 mg||Sugar 19 g|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||Sodium 476 mg||Protein 8 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g||Carbohydrates 28 g|