Baked Maple Pecan Donuts
Fluffy maple pecan donuts full of toasty cinnamon-spiced fall flavor and topped with sweet maple glaze. Baked not fried, vegan, and gluten-free!
- 1½ cups (150g) rolled oats
- 1½ cups (180g) roasted pecans
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (60g) non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup (160g) maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 tsps almond milk (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare flax eggs and set aside.
- Grind the oats and pecans in a high speed blender to a fine flour. Sift of whisk in a bowl to remove all clumps and lighten/aerate.
- Add baking powder, spices, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, almond milk, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
- Pipe into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes at 350ºF. until golden brown on top. They should bounce back when lightly pressed.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before flipping out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Add milk slowly if needed to get a drizzle-able glaze consistency.
- Dip or drizzle the donuts with glaze, and eat!
|Nutrition: (Serving Size — 1 donut)|
|Calories: 354||Sugar: 17g||Sodium: 210mg||Fat: 20g|
|Saturated Fat: 2g||Carbohydrates: 37g||Fiber: 5g||Protein: 6g|