Almond Roll with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
Low carb and gluten free, this almond roll with pumpkin cream cheese filling is a spin everyone's favorite. This recipe is the best fall dessert! It is delicious and will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill you up helping to control any of your lingering sugar cravings. Try it now!
- 125g Egg whites
- 112g Powdered Erythritol/Stevia blend, divided
- 112g Almond flour
- 3g Pure almond extract
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla bean paste
- 260g Cream cheese softened but cool
- 170g Pumpkin puree
- 60g Salted butter, softened
- 50g Powdered Erythritol/stevia blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg whites and 56 g sweetener.
- Using a whisk attachment, whip to medium stiff peaks. Stop when the meringue holds its shape.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 56 g sweetener, almond flour, and flavoring.
- Whisk to combine until homogenous.
- In three additions, gently fold in the dry mixture into the egg whites. Use the biggest rubber spatula you have, this ensures less frequent folding thus keeping the air in the sponge intact.
- Evenly spread the batter on a grease and parchment (or baking foil) lined quarter sheet tray, approx 9” X 13” jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Invert onto a parchment lined wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sweetener. Continue until fluffy and light.
- Add vanilla paste and pumpkin spice. Beat until well incorporated.
- In two intervals, add the pumpkin puree, scraping the bowl in between addition.
- Add the butter and beat until the mixture comes together. Your filling should be smooth and light. Adjust the sweetness with more some liquid stevia, to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Make sure to re-whip (by hand is fine) until fluffy before using.
- Evenly spread the filling over the sponge.
- Gently roll to form into a log, using the parchment to lift the cake. I find that rolling the cake from the shorter side yields a thicker roll and less cracking. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Calories: 179.5||Fats: 16.24g|
|Net Carbohydrates: 3.54g||Protein: 4.76g|